1. Effective June 1, 2019, COS 121 and 122 must be taken first. Then, the 100-level courses must be completed.
2. Although 200/300/400 level courses may be taken in any order, it is strongly recommended that students progress through the levels sequentially when possible.
*COS 221 must be completed before taking COS 421.*
3. All 100/200/300/400 level courses must be taken prior to 500 level courses. Exceptions to this policy are made only with written permission from the Director.
*As of 2015, students who have completed all 100-300 level courses and at least two 400-level courses will be permitted to take up to two 500-level courses. COS 321 must be completed before taking COS 521.*
4. District Superintendent and Local Pastor Registrar signatures are required on every registration form and registration will not be processed without the signatures. Conference scholarship amount is applied to the student billing record when the signed registration form has been received. You can register for up to 4 courses per registration form.
5. Scholarship amounts vary by conference and are applied to the $270 tuition fee per course. In general, full-time Local Pastors receive conference scholarships for up to four courses per year and part-time Local Pastors receive conference scholarships for up to two courses per year.
6. Registration fee of $30 per course (non-refundable and non-transferable) must accompany the registration form. Contact the COS office ASAP if the registration form might not arrive at the COS office by the registration deadline. (See SCHEDULE.) Submit form early to insure a spot - CLASS SIZES ARE LIMITED (we will note on the SCHEDULE page if a class is full).
7. Send completed registration form with registration fee payable to MTSO:
COURSE OF STUDY
3081 Columbus Pike
Delaware, OH 43015
Students are responsible for securing housing. A limited number of rooms may be available on campus but will NOT be held unless the housing deposit ($40.00 for weekend term or $80.00 for Summer 2-Week term) is submitted with the signed registration form. Room availability fluctuates with each term. When the dorm is full, it will be posted under ANNOUNCEMENTS on the HOMEPAGE. See COS handbook for additional information. In 2019, the housing cost is $100 per weekend term and $455 per 2-Week term (the housing deposit counts toward this cost).
A PDF of Delaware-area hotels is available at the top of this page.
Requests for official transcripts must be made to Pamela Frost at GBHEM. Include your PID# (if known), date of birth and annual conference with your request.
Contact the COS office at COS@mtso.edu.
Registration fees are nonrefundable, nondeductible, and nontransferable.
At the request of your conference Board of Ordained Ministry, materials should be sent to:
General Board of Higher Education and Ministry
PO Box 340007
1001 Nineteenth Ave. South
Nashville, TN 37203-0007
Syllabi are sent to the COS office by faculty two to three months prior to the beginning of the term. It will be posted to the Schedule webpage as soon as it has been processed and is ready for use.
Required reading is described in each course syllabus.
Print, complete, and return the MTSO COS Request to Withhold Directory Information form.